#1 Brown Ale
1 can Cooper's Hopped Real Ale Extract
3 lbs Munton's Dark Dry Malt Extract
1 packet Windsor Dry Ale Yeast
- Heat 6 gallons of water to a boil.
- Primary for 4-8 days.
- Rack to keg, allow to naturally carbonate approx. 3 weeks.
- Brewed 18 December 2004. Approx. SG: 1.056;
IBU: 29; SRM: 11.9
- Racked to keg: 27 December 2004.
- Pressurized w/8 PSI on 29 December 2004
- Tapped 9 January 2005.
- 6 February 2005: No clearing noted.
- Eventually cleared by the last 4-5 pints.
- Remove water from heat, stir in extracts.
- Boil 1 hour. Cool wort to below 85F. Siphon to fermenter.
- Pitch yeast.