#2 Belgian Tripel
(Northern Brewer Tripel Extract Kit)
.5 lb Caramel Pils Malt
9.3 lb Gold Malt Syrup
1 lb Clear Belgian Candi Sugar
1 oz Northern Brewer Hops (60 min)
1 oz Saaz Hops (10 min)
1 oz Irish Moss (15 min)
Wyeast #1388 Strong Belgian Ale Liquid Yeast
Lallemand Nottingham Dry Yeast
- Steep crushed grains in cold water. Heat water.
- Chill wort, then pitch yeast.
- Primary 8 days, secondary 3 weeks. Prime with 5oz dextrose and bottle.
- Brewed 2 January 2005.
- Racked to secondary 10 January 2005.
- Bottled 4 February 2005.
- Used 1/4 tsp Polyclar for clarity (added with
priming sugar when bottling).
- When water reaches boil, remove grain.
- Remove wort from heat, add extracts and stir to mix.
- Return wort to heat. Boil one hour, hopping as indicated.