#8 Harrison's Wife's Ale
10 lb 2 oz British Pale Malt
1 lb Flaked Wheat
1/2 lb Flaked Oats
1 oz Fuggle Hops (5.2% AA)
1 oz Kent Golding Hops (5.9% AA)
1 vial WLP007 Dry English Ale
1 vial WLP013 London Ale
- For a complete redaction of this recipe, click here.
- On cookie sheets, spread 5 lbs grain. Bake in oven at 350F for 15
minutes. Remove half of grains, bake remaining another 5 minutes.
- Strike crushed grains with 2.75 gallons boiling water. Allow mash to rest 1 hour.
- Sparge with off-boil water to a total of 7 gallons.
- Boil wort 1 hour. Add all hops at start of boil.
- Brewed 2 July 2005. OG: 1.046
- Racked to serving keg, 11 July.
- Force carbonating @32F w/9 PSI.
- Tapped 10 August.
Lighter color than I had anticipated.
Smooth, very drinkable. Extremely
foam-prone, no matter the serving
pressure. Possible side-effect of the
- Cool wort, pitch yeast.