#9 American Cream Ale (Mad Cow)
3.3 lb Munton's Light Liquid Malt Extract
2 lb Plain Light Dry Malt Extract
1.5 oz Hallertau Hop pellets (3.5%AA)(60 min)
.5 oz Hallertau Hop pellets (3.5%AA)(5 min)
1 pkt Nottingham dry yeast
- Bring 2 gallons water to a boil. Remove from heat, stir in extracts.
- Return to rolling boil. Add 1.5 oz Hallertau hop pellets. (60 minutes to go)
- After 55 minutes, add .5 oz Hallertau hop pellets (5 minutes to go)
- Remove from heat, top with cold water to 5 gallons, rack to fermenter.
- When wort reaches appropriate temperature, pitch yeast.
- Brewed 4 July 2005.
- Bottled with 3/4 cup priming sugar 20
- Tasted August 2005 at Pennsic
A thoroughly enjoyable, light brew.
Will probably try it with some other
adjuncts (corn?) next time.
- Tasted September 2005 at Lochmere
Baronial Investiture. A little age has
done nothing but good. It has smoothed
out somewhat. Will have to try to track
down an all-grain version and make this
a summer staple.