#15 Catfish Ale
8.75 lb Munton's Mild Malt
2 lb Crystal 60L Malt
.25 lb Cara-Pils Malt
1 oz Goldings Hop Pellets (?%AA)(60 min)
1 oz Goldings Hop Pellets (?%AA)(30 min)
1 oz Goldings Hop Pellets (?%AA)(5 min)
1/4 Tsp Irish Moss (10 min)
1 pkt Nottingham Ale yeast
- Strike crushed grains to 11 Qts 170F water (target temp 150F) for 60 minutes.
- Sparge with 170F water to 6 gallons.
- Boil 60 minutes, hopping as indicated.
- Chill wort, pitch yeast.
- Primary 1 week, secondary 3 weeks.
- Brewed 7 January 2006. OG: 1.053.
- Racked 14 January 2006. SG: 1.010.
My gravity sample tasted a bit
light-bodied and, well, "weak." We'll
see what this does by the time I go to
- Racked to keg 29 January. Tastes a
little better, but not great. Under
pressure, and will see what it tastes like
from the tap in a week or two.