#17 Munich Helles
(Kit from Annapolis Homebrew)
1# specialty grains
6.5# Light liquid malt extract
1 oz hop pellets (Hallertau?) (60 min)
.25 oz hop pellets (Hallertau?) (10 min)
1/4 Tsp Irish Moss (15 min)
1 capsule Servomyces (15 min)
Wyeast Pilsen Lager smack-pack
- Steep grains in 3 gallons of 155F water for 30 minutes.
- Remove grains, add extract, bring wort to boil.
- Boil 60 minutes, hopping as indicated.
- Chill wort, top to 5 gallons, pitch yeast.
- Brewed 21 January 2006. OG: 1.046.
- Racked to secondary 2 February.
Described as "darker than I expected."
(Probably due to use of extract,
- Bottled 23 February 2006. SG: 1.010.
Lovely color (light amber), nice flavor
and aroma. This will be nice to drink.