#20 Gormr's Cherry Stout
2 cans John Bull Dark Liquid Malt Extract
1 lbs Dark Dry Malt Extract
1 lb Crystal 60L Malt
1/2 lb Roasted Barley
1/2 lb Black Patent Malt
1.5 oz Northern Brewer hops (7%AA) (60 min)
0.5 oz Willamette hops (steep)
4 tsp Gypsum
2 cans Oregon Cherry Puree (6lbs total)
1 packet US-56 dry ale yeast
- Steep crushed grains 30 minutes in 1.5 gallons 155F water.
- Remove grains, add extracts and gypsum. Bring to a boil.
- At rolling boil, add the 60-minute hops in hop bag.
- After 60 minutes, remove from heat, remove and strain boiling hops. Add cherry puree.
- Brewed 11 March 2006.
- Top with cold water to 5 gallons, then pitch rehydrated yeast.
- Let wort cool to ~130F, then add wort and finishing hops to 2 gallons cold water in fermenter.