#22 Malt Vinegar
1.5 gallons Second Runnings from Gruit Ale Mash
1 packet Nottingham Dry Ale Yeast
- Let wort cool to pitchable temperature.
- Pitch yeast. Allow to ferment out.
- After completion of fermentation, rack to secondary, leaving wort open to air. Splash
vigorously while racking.
- Brewed 11 March 2006. I had the extra sweet wort,
and figured, "why not?"
- Dumped 15 April due to infection. Another try at this
will be made, a bit more methodically--using
fully-fermented beer and a "Mother" starter.
- Allow to sour to taste (should take approximately 3 weeks). Bottling and pasteurization