#27 Gormr's Summer Wit
3.65 lbs Pils Malt
3.65 lbs Wheat Malt
1 lb Clover Honey
.5 lbs Munich Malt
.5 lbs Carapils Malt
1 oz Tettnanger Pellets (35 minutes)
1 oz Tettnanger Pellets (flameout)
1 oz Crushed Coriander Seed (15 minutes)
1 oz Bitter Orange Peel (15 minutes)
Irish Moss (15 minutes)
1 vial White Labs Belgian Wit WLP-400
- Mash grains at 155F for 1 hour (2 gallons 172F strike water). Sparge to 7 gallons.
- Bring to boil (35 minute total), hopping/spicing per schedule.
- Allow to cool overnight; pitch yeast.
- Brewed 13 May 2006. OG: ~1.052.
- Due to emergency room visit (Gormr's cut leg), wort sat in
brewpot ~3 hours prior to racking to primary.
- Tasted 10 June 2006. Good! A bit heavy on the bitter
orange--gives it something of a grapefruit-bitter "orangeness."
All the same, very tasty!