#45 Lemon-Ginger Wiezen
5# White Wheat Malt
5# Pale 2-row Malt
1 oz Hallertau hops (3.9%AA) (60 min)
White Labs WLP-001 California Ale
Stash brand Lemon-Ginger Tea (Secondary)
- Brewed 3 March 2006. OG: 1.058 (76% eff).
- Not having a starter handy, I'm pitching 2 vials of yeast.
- Racked 10 March. Added 10 sachets.
- Racked 17 March. Next time, probably only use 5 sachets.
Ginger overpowers wheat taste.
- Kegged 20 March.
- Add 6.25 qts water off the boil. Hold 152F for 60 minutes.
- Bring to 168F for 10 minutes, then sparge to 7 gallons.
- Boil 1 hour, hopping as indicated (approx. 16 AAU of bittering hops).
- Strike grains with 10 qts 130F water. Hold 122F for 30 minutes.
- Chill wort, then pitch yeast.
- Add 10 sachets of tea in secondary for 1 week. Rack; taste and add more tea as necessary.