#47 Russian Red Ale Mk4
8 lbs Pale 2-row Malt
3 lbs Flaked Rye
1 lb Melanoidin Malt
1 lb Crystal 60L Malt
1/2 lb Special Roast Malt
0.5 oz Columbus hops (14%AA) (60 min)
1.5 oz Willamette hops (5%AA) (30 min)
2 oz Tettnanger hops (4.5%AA) (flameout)
1 tsp Irish Moss
2 vials WLP-001 California Ale Yeast
- Brewed 20 May 2007. SG: 1.070. (74% efficiency)
- Racked to secondary 2 June 2007. Tastes a bit dry, slightly
harsh. Should mellow some with age, tho.
-Kegged 8 June. Flavor has smoothed, but a bit light in body.
Still slightly dry. This will do for the Re-Enlistment Party
I'm going to at the end of the month...
- Add 10 qts boiling water. Hold 154F for 1 hour.
- Mash-out, sparge to 7 gallons.
- Boil 1 hour, hopping as indicated.
- Strike with 13.5 qts 130F water. Hold 120F for 30 minutes.
- Chill wort, pitch yeast.