#51 Pale Mild Ale
5.5 lbs Pale 2-row Malt
.75 lb Crystal 80L Malt
.25 lb Crystal 120L Malt
.25 lb Victory Malt
.7 oz Kent Goldings Hops (6.9%AA) (60 min)
1 Whirlfloc tablet (15 min)
1 vial WLP-002 English Ale Yeast
- Brewed 16 July 2007, for Pennsic XXXVI. . OG: 1.035
(about 76% efficiency)
- Kegged 22 July 2007.
- Final keg tapped for Pennsic XXXVI, and the only one with
any remaining (about 2 gallons). All in all, a success!
- Mash-out to 168F for 10 minutes; sparge to ~8 gallons.
- Boil 90 minutes, hopping per schedule.
- Force cool wort, pitch yeast.
- Mash in with 8.75 quarts of 168F water. Hold target mash temp of 154F for 1 hour.
- Ferment in primary for 1 week; secondary about 2 weeks. Keg and carb.