#62 Eulogy Lambic
7.5 lbs Pilsner Malt
3 lb Wheat Malt
2 lb Flaked Rye
.5 lb Flaked Wheat
.5 oz Crystal Pellet Hops (3.8%AA) (40 min)
1 vial WLP-011 European Ale
1 vial WLP-655 Belgian Sour Blend
- Brewed 6 April 2008, commemorating the 75th anniversary of
the effective end of Prohibition (change in the Vollstead Act, 7
April 1933). OG: 1.053 (69% efficiency)
- Mash in with 19.5 quarts of 130F water. Hold target mash temp of 120F for 30 minutes.
- Add 10.5 quarts off-boil water. Hold target temp of 149F for 90 minutes.
- Sparge to ~8.5 gallons.
- Force cool wort, pitch yeast.
- Ferment in primary with WLP-011 for 1 week; rack to secondary, pitch WLP-655.
- Ferment in secondary ~1 year. Bottle.