#78 Memory Lapse Pale Ale
11 lbs Golden Promise Malt
1 lb 2 oz Crystal 60L
1 lb Wheat Malt
10 oz Victory Malt
3 oz Munich Malt
1.375 oz German Tradition Hop Pellets (5.8% AA)(60 min)
1 tsp Irish Moss (15 min)
2-liter starter WLP-001 California Ale Yeast
- Props to KenLenard from the Brew Board for this recipe.
- Brewed 14 December 2008. Used water to top to ~7.75
gallons; put 2.5 gallons in a cleaned-out pumpkin, about 5.25
gallons into primary. OG after dilution, ~1.060 (77%
- Kegged 24 January 2009. Initial sample indicates this is going
to be tasty!
- Strike with 17 quarts 130F water. Hold 120F for 1 hour.
- Add 11 qts boiling water. Hold 152F for 1 hour.
- Sparge to 8 gallons.
- Boil 60 minutes, hopping per schedule.
- Chill wort, pitch yeast.