#79 Angel Wings Hellesbock
10.5 lbs Pilsner Malt
5.5 lbs Munich Malt
5/8 oz Yakima Magnum pellet hops (13.1%AA)(60 min)
1/2 gallon starter WLP-833 German Bock Yeast
- Strike crushed grains with 6 gallons 156F water. Hold 147F for 20 minutes.
- Add 8 quarts boiling water. Hold 156F for 1 hour.
- Sparge to 7.5 gallons.
- Boil one hour, hopping as indicated.
- Chill wort, then pitch yeast.
- Brewed 25 January 2009. Mash temps as given
are what I used; it was supposed to be a
single-infusion at 156F. Also missed sparge
volume, got 6-1/3 gallons. Ended up OK ('protein'
rest bumped up efficiency), volume made up for
with starter. OG: 1.087 (~85% efficiency).