#83 CC's Blackberry Stout
7 lbs Pale 2-row Malt
2 lbs Flaked Barley
1 lb Roast Barley
1 can Oregon Blackberry Puree
50g Bramling Cross pellet hops (5%AA)(60 min)
1 packet Nottingham Ale Yeast
- Sparge with 14 qts boiling water (mash out ~170F).
- Sparge to 7 gallons.
- Boil one hour, hopping as indicated.
- Chill wort, then pitch yeast.
- Brewed 24 May 2009. OG: 1.052 (75% eff)
- Racked onto blackberries 29 May 2009. (It's
- Racked 20 June 2009. Still purple. Blackberry
taste is not prominent--maybe after it's carbed?
- Kegged 10 October 2009. Blackberries apparent
in the flavor, probably will be more so w/CO2.
- Add 6.25 qts boiling water. Hold 150F for 1 hour.
- Strike crushed grains with 10.5 quarts 129F water. Hold 120F for 30 minutes.