#90 English Pale/Premium Bitter
9.5 lbs British Pale 2-row Malt
.5 lb Aromatic Malt
.5 lb Crystal 120L Malt
.25 lb Special Roast Malt
34g East Kent Goldings pellet hops (5%AA) (60 min)
14g East Kent Goldings pellet hops (5%AA) (20 min)
14g East Kent Goldings pellet hops (5%AA) (1 min)
1 tsp Irish Moss (15 min)
1 vial WLP-002 English Ale Yeast
- Brewed 23 January 2010. OG: 1.051 (76% efficiency)
- Kegged 18 February. Gravity: ~1.017; this amounts to
3.87% v/v. FG was a bit higher than I might have
wanted--bringing this to around 4% v/v would be about right.
Still, it tasted good going into the keg; this should be a fine
- Add 14 qts boiling water. Let sit 5 minutes.
- Mash-out, sparge to 6 gallons.
- Boil 1 hour, hopping as indicated.
- Strike with 17 qts 163F water. Hold 151F for 60 minutes.
- Chill wort, top to 5.5 gallons, pitch yeast.