#91 Snow Warrior India Pale Lager
12.75 lbs British Pale 2-row Malt
.75 lb Munich Malt
1 lb Crystal 20L Malt
.25 lb Crystal 40L Malt
22g Warrior pellet hops (15.8%AA) (60 min)
14g Warrior pellet hops (15.8%AA) (10 min)
20g Warrior pellet hops (15.8%AA) (5 min)
1 tsp Irish Moss (10 min)
1.4L starter WLP-850 Copenhagen Lager Yeast
- Brewed 21 February 2010. All water used was snow-melt
from "Snowmageddon," aka the Blizzard of 2010. OG:
1.075 (85% efficiency). Fermenting at ~52F, +/- 2F.
- Racked to secondary 7 March. Not really needed for its
own sake, but I was trying to squeeze some extra space for a
friend's Helles. Will be interesting--smooth, floral hops, and
a very clean profile. Good for summer, as intended.
- Kegged 17 March following cold-crash. Still nice,
clean--Warrior hops would, I think, be good in a Pils.
- Add 10 qts boiling water; hold 149F for 1 hour.
- Add 10 qts boiling water; hold 165F for 5 minutes.
- Sparge to 7.75 gallons.
- Strike with 15 qts 134F water. Hold 120F for 30 minutes.
- Boil 1 hour, hopping as indicated.
- Chill wort, pitch yeast. Ferment ~55F; lager as needed, and keg.