#93 SMaSH Munich Jade
12 lbs Munich Malt
28g Pacific Jade pellet hops (13.3%AA) (60 min)
14g Pacific Jade pellet hops (13.3%AA) (5 min)
14g Pacific Jade pellet hops (13.3%AA) (flameout)
1 tsp Irish Moss (15 min)
1.5L starter WLP-036 Dusseldorf Alt Yeast
- Brewed 21 March 2010. OG: 1.057 (~77% efficiency)
This will probably be a copper-amber color. I suppose I
could call it an Imperial Alt? It's a little bigger, and a lot
hoppier, than a typical alt... Pac Jade hops are nice!
- Add 10 qts boiling water; hold 155F for 1 hour.
- Add 10 qts boiling water; hold 170F for 10 minutes.
- Sparge to 7.75 gallons.
- Strike with 14 qts 130F water. Hold 120F for 30 minutes.
- Boil 75 minutes, hopping as indicated.
- Chill wort, pitch yeast.