#94 Impromptu Ale
6 lbs Golden Promise Malt
5 lbs Munich Malt
1oz Nugget pellet hops (13%AA) (60 min)
5/8oz Bramling Cross pellet hops (6%AA) (20 min)
5/8oz Liberty pellet hops (4.3%AA) (flameout)
1 tsp Irish Moss (15 min)
1 vial WLP-001 California Ale Yeast
1 packet Danstar Windsor Dry Ale Yeast
- Brewed 21 March 2010. OG: 1.048 (~70% efficiency)
This probably would have gone better/more smoothly had it
been planned... I wouldn't have been drinking so much
beforehand. As it was, gravity was low, lots of trub/debris
(mash tun error), accidentally dumped hops prior to adding
them to the brew... Could have gone much better.
- Tapped 13 June 2010. Nice, unsophisticated ale. Good
balance, lovely gold color. It's always surprising how well the
unplanned ones come out.
- Add 10 qts boiling water; hold 170F for 10 minutes.
- Sparge to 7 gallons.
- Strike with 18 qts 160F water. Hold ~154F for 1 hour
- Boil 60 minutes, hopping as indicated.
- Chill wort, pitch yeast.