#96 Munich Oktober Ale
7 lbs Munich Malt
7 lbs Pilsner Malt
2oz Carafa Special II Malt
1oz Magnum pellet hops (10%AA) (60 min)
.5oz Magnum pellet hops (10%AA) (30 min)
1oz Hallertauer pellet hops (3.9%AA) (30 min)
1oz Hallertauer pellet hops (3.9%AA) (5 min)
1.5L starter WLP-001 California Ale Yeast
- Brewed 18 April 2010. OG: 1.062 (~67% efficiency).
Efficiency off; also should have been 8# munich. Not the
best brew day, all told. Still, it'll be beer...
- Add 11 qts boiling water; hold 154F for 1 hour.
- Add 6 qts boiling water; hold 160F for 10 minutes.
- Strike with 16 qts 130F water. Hold ~120F for 30 minutes.
- Sparge to 7.5 gallons. Boil 1 hour, hopping as indicated.
- Chill wort, top to 5.75 gallons, pitch yeast.