#97 Bee Sting Braggot
8 lbs Munich Malt
2 lbs Pilsner Malt
1lb 2oz Melanoidin Malt
12 lbs Killer Bee Honey
.75oz Magnum pellet hops (10%AA) (60 min)
1oz Citra pellet hops (11%AA) (15 min)
1oz Citra pellet hops (11%AA) (dry hop)
1 tsp Irish Moss (15 min)
2 packets Lalvin D-47 Wine Yeast
- Brewed 25 April 2010. OG: 1.130 (68% efficiency) First
use of Citra hops: mango and passionfruit! Should play well
with the honey, although a dry-hop dose will be needed.
- Add 10 qts boiling water; hold 154F for 1 hour.
- Add 10 qts boiling water; hold 170F for 10 minutes.
- Strike with 14 qts 130F water. Hold ~120F for 30 minutes.
- Sparge to 8 gallons. Boil 1.5 hour, hopping as indicated.
- Add honey. Chill wort, pitch yeast.