#99 Euro Amber Lager
9 lbs Pilsner Malt
6.5 lbs Munich Malt
3 oz Hallertauer pellet hops (3.9%AA) (60 min)
2 oz Hallertauer pellet hops (3.9%AA) (5 min)
1 tsp Irish Moss (15 min)
1.5 L starter WLP-838 Southern German Lager yeast
- Brewed 13 June 2010. OG: 1.066 (68% efficiency). This
was a bear of a brew, for some reason--took three tries to
make it through the mash. First there were pump problems,
then the manifold disconnected in the mash tun... All in all,
not a "good day for the home team." It did finally get
- Add 12 qts boiling water. Hold 170F for 10 minutes.
- Sparge to 6.75 gallons. Boil 1 hour, hopping as indicated.
- Strike with 24 qts 160F water. Hold ~152F for 60 minutes.
- Chill wort, top to 5.5 gallons. Pitch yeast.